This book provides a thorough, somewhat in-depth overview of how the AngularJS and Spring Boot frameworks can be used to create a fully functional web application that cuts through all of its architectural layers. The annotations offered by those two frameworks are used extensively in the book, as they should, to support the aspect-oriented paradigm. The processes for creating the application are clearly explained by the author. The book also provides a thorough, albeit introductory, explanation of the unit testing, integration testing, and post-deployment monitoring capabilities of Spring Boot. By the time you finish reading this book, you will have created a dynamic app with all of its features. Setting up a Spring Boot development environment and developing your RESTful services to carry out CRUD activities are the first steps in your journey. In order to use RESTful services, you will then transfer AngularJS and Bootstrap into your Spring Boot application. AngularJS will be used to access your protected REST API, which you will secure with Spring Security.
- The majority of web application development uses AngularJS. It is favoured mostly because of its effectiveness and adaptability. Some of its advantages include:
- AngularJS defines web applications using HTML. Since HTML is declarative by nature, developers can achieve their goals because they are not required to follow the rules.
- MVC can be built in Angular with ease because all that is needed is to divide the application into MVC’s component parts.
- The directives functionality is a component of AngularJS. Developers can construct unique HTML tags based on their needs thanks to this feature.
- It delivers excellent performance. Filters, animations, and routing are a few of its features that boost its effectiveness and give it a formidable structure.
Topics you are going to cover in this book:
- Chapter 1 is about The Big Picture of Full Stack Web Development.
- Chapter 2 is all about Creating the RESTful Layer for Your Application.
- Chapter 3 is about the Setting Up AngularJS: Creating Your Single-Page Application.
- In Chapter 4 you will learn how to Securing Your RESTful API Using Spring Security.
- Chapter 5 teach us about what is Consuming Secured RESTful Services Using AngularJS.
- Chapter 6 explains how to build a RESTful Client and Testing RESTful Services.
- In chapter 7 we will study about Application Monitoring Using Spring Boot Actuator.