The goal of Data Structure and Algorithmic Thinking with Python is to help programmers, job seekers, and exam takers get started. This book focuses on providing answers to challenging data structure and algorithmic difficulties. The principles and methods for creating realistic, efficient answers to problems can be easily learned by readers because to the book’s laser-like concentration and approach. It even offers many answers for a single issue, familiarising readers with various methods that could be used to solve the same issue. Numerous programming puzzles are included that not only promote analytical thinking but also help readers get ready for interviews. I hope you’ll find this book to be worthwhile and beneficial.
Data structures and algorithms are crucial for both the development of software and the selection of candidates. The interviewers are more interested in seeing how candidates use DS and Algorithms such as Hash Tables, Trees, Graphs, and various algorithms, to solve problems. This knowledge helps candidates solve these problems quickly and effectively. To fix and make a car run properly, a mechanic requires the appropriate tools, much as a programmer needs the appropriate tools to make software work. Therefore, the interviewer is looking for a candidate who can use the appropriate tools to handle the situation at hand. Knowing the differences between one data structure’s characteristics and those of another will help you choose the best data structure to address a problem. The time saved by organising data according to a specified format makes it much simpler to manipulate or utilise the data. The algorithm works the same way since we all want to conserve our time, energy, and resources. Each of us wants to select the finest strategy for resolving issues in our daily lives.
Topics covered by this book:
- Chapter 1 is about Introduction like variables and data types etc.
- chapter 2 includes Recursion and Backtracking what is and why Recursion and Backtracking.
- Chapter 3 is all about Linked Lists. What is linked list and types of linked lists.
- Chapter 4 is about what is Stacks and how to use it.
- In chapter 5 we will study about Queues as well as types and how to implement them.
- Next chapter 6 is about Trees. Types of tress and implementation of tress
- Chapter 7 includes Priority Queue and Heaps.
- Chapter 8 is about what is Disjoint Sets ADT as well as Applications.
- Chapter 9 is about Graph Algorithms and applications of Graphs.
- Next chapter 10 is about Sorting and types of sorting as well as how to use them.
- Searching covers in chapter 11. What is searching and different types of searching.
- Chapter 12 is about Selection Algorithms.
- Chapter 13 and 14 are all about Symbol Tables and Hashing. Implementation of symbols tables and why is Hashing use?
- Chapter 15 is about string algorithms.
- Next chapter 16 is about Algorithms Design Techniques, classification and classification by implementation.