Those who wants to build a comprehensive application utilising DevOps in practise should read this book. As the top application-focused cloud MSP in the world, Cloud4C can assist you in automating the creation, testing, and deployment of your apps at every stage of their life cycles while also providing first-rate performance and health monitoring. With the GCP ecosystem, DevOps can be introduced with care, speed, and a low-risk approach from current infrastructure. For businesses supported by the cloud environment, our DevOps migration experts will concentrate on safeguarding application workflows and environments. In this book, you’ll discover how to use DevOps to develop and deploy apps and services on the Google Cloud Platform, as well as how to maintain a full pipeline for continuous integration and delivery using containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes. This book explains how to develop, monitor, and manage a full application using DevOps in practise, building chapter by chapter to a comprehensive real-life scenario. You’ll cover popular tools like Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes in the context of a real microservices application to be deployed in the cloud, starting with fundamental DevOps ideas, continuous integration, and continuous delivery. After finishing this book, you will be able to set up security and manage your network using GCP, as well as create microservices with Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes. Additionally, you’ll build a cloud monitor and learn how to use its information to enhance system stability and prevent problems. You will be able to install, maintain, and monitor a real application with Google Cloud Platform at the end of Pro DevOps with GCP. I hope that developers and software architects who want to put DevOps into practise will find this book to be both valuable and helpful.
Topics covered by this book:
- Devops is the topic of Chapter 1. In our professional life, we virtually ever go a day without hearing that adage. The explanation is straightforward: by implementing DevOps principles, a business can shorten its “time to market,” or the period of time it takes to decide on and implement new software or other requirements.
- Google cloud Platform is Chapter 2. One of the technologies that is currently most widely used is cloud computing. For their projects, an increasing number of businesses are now utilising this technology. The cloud can typically be more expensive over time, but it can also use fewer resources. It is simpler to spin up a new operating system in the cloud with all the surroundings required for its use.
- Continuous integration and delivery are covered in Chapter 3. The terms continuous integration and continuous delivery are becoming more and more prevalent. This is due to the fact that they are essential for accelerating time to market and raising software quality.
- Containerization with Docker and Kubernetes is covered in Chapter 4. Containerization comes to mind today when we think about the cloud. Virtualization can be considered as evolving into containerization. With virtualization, a full operating system is often created from scratch and hosted on a host machine.
- Continuous Delivery with GCP and Jenkins is covered in Chapter 5. You will learn how to construct and define our CD pipeline in Google Cloud Platform using Jenkins in this chapter (GCP).
- Microservices Architecture with GCP is covered in Chapter 6. You will learn how to create a microservices architecture and apply it in Google Cloud Platform in this chapter (GCP).
- Chapter 7 is Monitoring in Google Cloud Platform. We will go over the fundamentals of creating an efficient monitoring system in Google Cloud Platform in this chapter.