This book is for those who is preparing for a contemporary software engineering interview. you’ll find the actual interview to be a snap. More generally, EPI provides countless hours of enjoyment for fans of algorithms while teaching them clever coding techniques. This book offers a window into how algorithmic techniques are applied in the industry and prepares the reader for modern software interviews. It is a great addition to a typical computer science algorithms and data structures course since it places an emphasis on challenges that come from real-world applications and can be programmed up quickly. The non-technical parts of interviewing are outlined in the book’s introduction, along with guidelines for conducting a successful interview, common pitfalls to avoid, viewpoints from the opposing party, advice on negotiating the best offer, and instructions on how to utilise EPI. Additionally, we give an overview of data structures, algorithms, and methods for addressing problems.
A number of chapters on basic and complex data structures, searching, sorting, algorithm design fundamentals, and concurrency are used to present coding issues. Each chapter begins with a succinct introduction, a case study, some helpful hints, and a summary of the key library techniques. The challenges that follow are extensive and thought-provoking. The book is structured into several chapters, each of which includes a set of issues pertaining to a specific data structure or programming approach. A wide range of issues are covered in each chapter. Each task is chosen so that it examines a particular use of that data structure and tests your ability to think critically. Additionally, the solutions include clear definitions and high-caliber code. Avoid looking at the solution as soon as you finish reading a problem statement in this book, even if you don’t understand it. Try to analyze the issue and spend a lot of time coming up with your own solution, regardless of how simple it is in terms of time and space requirements. Your analytical abilities will grow as a result, and the book will undoubtedly help you when it comes to the actual interviews. Hopefully you will find this book beneficial and helpful.
Topics covered by this book:
- Chapter 1 to 4 we study about Getting Ready, Strategies for a good Interview, Conducting an Interview and Problem Solving
- Chapter 5 to 8 we will study about what is Primitive Types, Arrays, Strings and Linked Lists
- Chapter 9 to 12 we will study about what is Stacks and Queues, Binary Trees, Heaps and Searching
- Chapter 13 to 16 we will study about what is Hash Tables, Sorting, Binary Search Trees and Recursion
- Chapter 17 to 19 we will study about what is Dynamic Programming, Greedy, Algorithms and Invariants as well as Graphs
- Chapter 20 to 22 we will study about what is Parallel Computing, Design Problems as well as Language Questions
- Chapter 23 to 25 we will study about what is Object-Oriented Design, Common Tools as well as Honors Class